Followers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Will Leach set sail for Jamaica?

Chuck Carlton

Texas Tech's ever-curious Mike Leach may have found a new area to recruit: Jamaica.

OK, Leach was (presumably) joking during his appearance on Fox Sports Radio's syndicated GameTime Live on Wednesday. The subject turned to Olympic sprinter extraordinaire Usain Bolt and what Leach's offense could do with that speed.

"I got to be honest, I've been thinking about recruiting Jamaica since I saw that stuff," Leach told hosts Andrew Siciliano and Krystal Fernandez. "I've been to Jamaica and let me tell you something ... here's the extent that I've thought about that subject, there's approximately 2.8 million people in Jamaica, which is approximately the size of the state of Iowa or Kansas, or the city of Houston.

"It's almost like the country of Jamaica is sitting there saying, 'If you would have just told us that this was important we could have won a lot of this stuff a long time ago.'"

Original here

No comments: